Labels

Thursday 20 October 2011

Visual Style & Image - Beth

This is a research task we were asked to do on the visual style and image of our artist. Because our artist does not have a music video yet I chose to use press shots and pictures for my research.

Image
Some of the typical visual elements that I think signifies our artist is their clothing style. They are well known for their 50's vintage outfits and matching jackets which represents both their band and personal relationship.



 I also think the use of specific colours signifies them. Blue, black and red seem to be reccurring colours in most of their press shots, incorporated into their clothing and the setting around them.


Their style also seems to be very all american with a country/folk style sometimes used.


Visual Style
From the research I have done using music videos from Jenny&Johnny's former bands I think they would use editing in their music videos to cut between performance and narrative scenes. I think this because most alternative bands use both of these things in their music videos and Jenny&Johnny use them in their music videos from their former bands (links below)
Link to Rilo Kiley - Silver Lining Music Video
Link to Johnathan Rice - We're All Stuck Out In The Desert
I also think that they would use alot of hand held camera shots, almost like a home video. I think this because it would fit with their DIY music style image and it is used in the Johnathant Rice video (link above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment